Spring — it’s here. And so is the time to de-clutter and get organized. We know you’ve been meaning forever to go through your closets and cabinet drawers but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. You’re not alone.
Fortunately, a few tips from expert organizers can help you get started:
– A metal shower caddy can double as a hanging wall organizer in any closet or even home office
– Using shower hooks on your closet bar keeps accessories, such as purses and carryalls, off the floor and at eye level for convenience
– Transform a tie rack into a hanging jewelry box — tangled necklaces are a thing of the past
– A paper-towel holder is great for ribbons, spools and other wrapping items
– Tins and mason jars can hold all those stray writing utensils cluttering up your home office
– Velcro wasn’t just meant for the ’80s — buy a roll to keep all your electronic cords in check
– A wine rack can hold your favorite vintage or serve as a chic towel holder in your bathroom
And remember, part of getting organized is downsizing. Ask yourself two questions: “Past its prime?” Then, throw it away! “Never going to use or wear it again?” Donate it.
Of course, if the clutter is beyond your time allowance or control, there are miracle workers out there who can help. California Closets specializes in assessing, revamping and expanding your storage space. Every project begins with a complimentary design consultation to analyze your space and your needs. Your design consultant utilizes 3-D software to create a virtual version of your space and demonstrate how your new closet organizers and/or storage systems will actually look and function.
If you opt for the additional space, California Closets will help you select a suitable blank wall, then design and build you a custom, free-standing or attached wardrobe in any size and shape, with all the trimmings: glass or sliding doors, leather-lined drawers or even fashion-forward hardware.
California Closets | 900 Park Center Blvd., Miami | 305.623.8282 | californiaclosets.com